Saturday, March 27, 2010

home again, home again, clippity-clop.

So I"m now back to the big D. I have been struck by the beauty of family and good friends. But even more by the wonder of how great the Lord has provided for me here in Dallas. I have my own home, sweet blossoming friendships, church community, and a great job. For this season, I take great joy in being independent and enjoying every moment He has given me to experience these gifts!

I just got back from a trip to the Carolinas to see the fam. It was such a great time with the sisters, the moms and pops, Meme and the whole Pope clan. :) What a sweet time to enjoy the Carolina sun and fun times with the growing family!


While home, I got to visit with two of the college roomies and celebrate their birthdays! Will have to catch the other roomie on the next trip! I cannot believe we are getting older. I am now planning my trip for my 10 year high school reunion this summer! Insane!

Anyway, the excitement about coming home, was mostly surrounding my newly painted home. I got three rooms painted while I was gone. Only two of them photograph well. The second bedroom (the one not in pictures) is benjamin moore's healing aloe. But it is too light to photograph well. But it's so clean and fresh. I cannot wait to get that room together! :) Pictures to come..

But for your viewing pleasure, here is my kitchen and living room..fresh with new accents and wall color. :)













I adore the colors and I'm so excited about sharing it! Have a few more accents to complete downstairs. Then my last home project, is the second bedroom. I hope to have that finished by May when the fam comes to visit. :)

I have made commitment to participate in the Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure. I will be walking 60 miles over 3 days in November. Visit http://www.the3day.org/site/TR/2010/DallasFtWorthEvent2010?px=4994450&pg=personal&fr_id=1465 to donate to my cause!

Thanks! Love to all! Off to continue to make my house a home and rest my bones after biking 26.2 miles today. :)

I"m thankful for good health! ---T :) 


1 comment:

  1. Your colors are just like you ... bright and cheerful!

    ReplyDelete