Sunday, January 3, 2010

Oh hello friends!

So I know what you're thinking..a blog? Well, I have been thinking of starting my own blog for quite some time because I do always enjoy following the lives of some dear friends virtually. Several years ago, I sent a weekly email to friends and family and really enjoyed writing them. I also continue to get lots of people begging me to do that again. So here is my solution.. :)

At this time, the Lord has called me to be farther away from friends and family, thus I think this will be a fun way to share my life with you! I hope I can share stories to make you laugh, inspire, encourage, share my joy and possibly pass along some of my kitchen fun!

The past few days I have been actively reflecting on this past year. 2009 was a big year for me. Just to name a few: finished graduate school, moved to Dallas TX, started my first nurse practitioner job, joined a bible study, made new friends, bought a new house, traveled around the country visiting friends, finished my 3rd half marathon. One of great accomplishment and blessing! I look forward to sharing 2010 with you!

I make a list every new year..never really resolutions. But I do always make a list of things to do. I write them in my planner and always enjoy meeting them throughout the year and then at year's end, celebrating them! Well, for 2010..here are a few of my things to do for this year...

1. Fall more in love with my Savior
2. Pray more, be less self dependent.
3. Eat healthy. Experiment with food.
4. Buy a Mac (yes, i do make financial goals too. :) )
5. Run a half marathon.
6. Finish my second bedroom. (if you want to visit, you should encourage this one! )
7. Start a blog--check. :)
8. Take a painting or sewing class.
9. Attend my 10 year high school reunion.
10. Travel to see friends.
11. Save more, spend less.
12. Join a church.
13. Find community group.
14. Get a dog.
15. Love better than I ever have before.
16. Ride my road bike. :)

What is on your list of things to do for 2010?

Love and Joy,
Taylor

3 comments:

  1. Taylor! Congrats on completing your first resolution in the new year and only 3 days in! I have yet to sit down and really think about what I want to accomplish this year. I'm looking forward to seeing you in bible study and reading your new blog. Happy New Year!

    ~ Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. We made lists of goals here too. Some of mine included FINISH reading thru the bible - started this last year but quit after a few months. Adopt Shatu. Run a 5K. I'm looking forward to keeping up with you more now that you have a blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the blog! We miss you!
    Love from us,
    The Potters

    ReplyDelete