Sunday, January 31, 2010

Week in Review


Welcome back! I think I've decided to do week in review to upkeep this sweet little blog. I don't know if any of you cats are actually reading it..but I will try to share my life all the more. :) I need to start writing down funny stories that occur with me being apart of story line, b/c I can never remember those when it's time to blog. :) Oops!


This week has been interesting. I think on the whole the Lord has given me great strength and determination..thus, I've been very physically and spiritually disciplined. But along with that, the devil has just really been getting me down! I mean, my attitude at work at the beginning of the week was quite poor. I don't know why I was so bothered. The only thing I can whittle it down to is the devil's trying to steal my joy! Well, since I've risen out of the funk I was in pre-Wednesday..the rest of the week has been quite nice.

I have enjoyed seeking to cultivate community within my bible study and today I visited Northwest Bible Church with a friend. I am seeking to find a church home. I would covet your prayers in this search, as it is very overwhelming and I know it's going to be a process. But I feel as if I'm cheating on people, as I visit different ones. Ha ha! I know that is crazy. But I'm excited about where the Lord has prepared for me and how I can further grow as a believer and seek to be more like Him. I was quite encouraged by my time in worship and in the word this morning. I have been challenged to spend time daily in the word, in prayer and just being quiet before the Lord. I have devoted myself to be open and available to God this year (i got inspired with this concept, as I'm reading Sacred Rhythms: Arranging our Lives for Spiritual Transformation) I highly recommend, if you're looking for something to read. :)

This weekend I have seen several movies. I love movies! When in Rome is a romantic comedy, but it's just bubble gum for your mind. It's cute and predictable, not anything more or less. But I did get to enjoy it with some dinner before with friends and that made it worth it! And tonight I went and saw Up in the Air with George Clooney. Not a romantic comedy, but good. My other super fun thing of the weekend was the painting class at Painting with a Twist..it was 3 hours with a little painting, a little wine, a lot of laughs and good friends.

So I"m doing the biggest loser on the Wii and it is fun. But today was weigh-in and my little girl was sad b/c the scale didn't say plus or minus, which I guess is a positive thing. Next week starts elimination, so I guess I better work hard, so I don't get eliminated! Ha ha!

Well, here's to working hard to keep physically and mentally fit!

Peace and Joy,
T

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a great week! I always enjoy your stories ;)

    ReplyDelete