Wednesday, January 20, 2010

That's what friends are for


Well hello, big world! I have been a bit delayed in this commitment to 2010 and blogging. But I have been a tad busy..just keeping up with my sweet life and friends. At the beginning of this fine month, one of my dear Dallas friends, Kacy, got married! :) I had the absolute privilege of doing her hair, which was not the higlight of her decor. She was gorgeous alone!

I am now, this week, coming back from a quick trip to visit one of my best friends, Lauren and her new husband, John ED. As you all know, I love to travel to visit friends. This trip made me realize why. Hands down..I love to be inspired. Traveling and getting away, even for a few days..allows me to clear my head, set my priorities, gain inspiration from friends and then come home renewed! :) I made a ridiculous list of tasks that I need to do upon getting home, in effort to get my home organized, get my life organized..ha ha..are you sensing the theme? Thus, I will try to share these projects with you over the next few months. I sense it will be a busy and fun time to try and improve things. I also have many creative projects I've gotten ideas for..

I am so thankful for my wonderful job and the station (singleness) the Lord has given me! I am able to so freely enjoy life and what He has given me. I"m seeking to engage in meaningful community and relationship. I feel a renewed zest for life and I'm excited about what the Lord has in store for 2010! I"m thankful that He has enabled me the means to take care of myself and enjoy life. :) (However, I am still hopeful and prayerful about the fine specimen of man that He has created for me..let's be honest..i doubt somedays there is a man strong enough to reel me in..but we shall see. :) ) I"m not unreasonable. :) :)

The picture at the top is Lauren and I at Avatar 3D. I must say..I had a bad attitude about it after being subjected to months of previews that made it out to be very comic-booky and all animated, etc. Well, after the golden globes on Sunday, Lauren and I were intrigued. Thus we went and saw it Monday at 11 am with her sweet husband. WELL...it was the best movie I've ever seen in my life. Hands down..there is no other movie you've seen like it! You must see it in 3D..the effects are incredible. I loved it! Glad I didn't listen to people's opinions.. :) b/c I almost let certain peoples lack of enthusiasm about it sway me to miss out on it! It was so worth it! :)

Ok I"m making up for lost days, but making this post unbearably long. I am having a great week so far, filled with commited time to prayer, working out, eating well and spending time with friends. I"m so thankful for this week! My bible study starts back tomorrow night and I'm excited about studying Corinthians this semester.

ALSO..I am going to be visiting a new church on Sunday and possibly joining a community group. ALSO..taking a painting class next weekend..STAY TUNED!!

See I"m fighting for those 2010 goals..are you fighting for yours?

Peace and Joy,
T

No comments:

Post a Comment